Wisdom Teeth Extraction
- Impacted wisdom teeth or wisdom teeth unable to break through gums
- Partially impacted wisdom teeth, which involves them only partially breaking through gums which can cause infection due to germs and bacteria getting caught under a flap of gum tissue.
- Wisdom teeth that come in at an awkward angle that may cause damage to the surrounding teeth.
If your wisdom teeth are not currently causing you a problem, it may be difficult to decide whether or not to have the wisdom teeth extracted. Many patients will never have a problem with their wisdom teeth because for some individuals they never come out. Most wisdom teeth problems will occur between the ages of 15 to 25 and patients who have them removed earlier (in their late teens or early 20s) have an better time with the procedure since the wisdom teeth are easier to remove.
Removing your wisdom teeth will reduce your risk of:
- Crowding of the back teeth
- Red, swollen and painful gums
- Back tooth pain
If you would like to know more about wisdom teeth extraction or would to schedule an appointment with our Huntington beach dentist, feel free to contact out office. We will be able to give you the information you need after examining your current condition.
Read Articles About This Topic:
"A smile is always in style."