Choosing a new dentist may make you uneasy. However, it shouldn’t have to be as long as you know what to look for. Depending on the kind of patient you are, whether you are an anxious patient who needs sedation or are a patient who does not, generally you will need to look for the qualities that suit you best when determining which dentist to go to. We’ve put together a list of qualities that you should look for in your future dentist:
- Simplicity: Find a dental office that will place you first. This is important because as long as they place patients as a priority, their services should always be outstanding. Having a dentist that will answer your questions accordingly and recommend a solution quickly will make your dental experience much more pleasant.
- Good Office Etiquette: We all have busy lives. You shouldn’t have to wait more than 15 to 20 minutes to see the dentist when you have an appointment. Additionally, staff should be inviting and friendly since you will be in contact with them every time you go to the dental office.
- Professional: Look into the dentist’s credentials. Find out where he or she completed dental school and how long he or she has been practicing. It is your oral health we are talking about and you can never place quality of your dental treatment in question.
- Accepted insurances or financing options: Last but not least, make sure to choose a dentist that accepts your insurance, if applicable or one that has financing options that suit you.
- Specialized dental services: Look for a dentist that specializes in the type of treatment you are looking to get, ie. Dental implants, endodontics, periodontics, etc.
- Check for before & after photos: Especially if you are getting cosmetic procedures done like teeth whitening or any kind of smile restorations, take a look at the dentist’s smile gallery so that you get a feel for the kind of work he or she completes. You may want more natural results, but seeing dental work completed by the dentist will help you make a decision.
Our Huntington Beach dentist has all of these qualities and more. Because Dr. Moretta is so passionate about dentistry, it is his priority to provide patients with outstanding results in the most comfortable environment possible. Call today for an appointment!
Schedule an appointment today with our dentist in Huntington Beach ... Call (714) 848-4247
Back to articles