Did You Know?
- Say cheese! The calcium and phosphorous found in cheese is healthy for your teeth
— it reduces the pH level in plaque and re-mineralizes the enamel.
- 60% of people who don't know that a sore jaw, when combined with chest pain, can
signal a heart attack-especially in women
- Each person’s set of teeth is unique much like their fingerprints. Even identical
twins do not have exactly the same set of teeth. Did you know that your tongue print
is also unique?
- The average woman smiles about 62 times a day! A man? Only 8! Kids laugh around
400 times a day. Grown-ups just 15 :-(
- Academy of General dentistry, the average person only brushes for 45 to 70 seconds
a day, the recommended amount of time is 2-3 minutes.
- If you're right handed, you will chew your food on your right side. If you're left
handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
- 50% consider the smile the first facial feature they notice.
- 80% are not happy with their smile.
- 83% of people believe their teeth are more important to their appearance than hair
- People who drink 3 or more sugary sodas daily have 62% more dental decay.
- Research says that people with periodontal disease (Gum disease) are at higher risk
for developing heart disease, stroke, uncontrolled diabetes, pre-term births and
- People with gum disease are twice as likely to suffer from coronary artery disease
as those without disease.
*Note: all facts and jokes have been gathered from different internet sources